Wed, 18 Apr 2018
Delegates will gather at the International Convention Centre (ICC), Birmingham on Tuesday 22 May and Wednesday 23 May 2018.
The theme for this year is “Protecting the Protectors – the reality of policing”, focusing on issues including better protection for officers assaulted on duty and for those who undertake emergency response and pursuit drives.
Other sessions include:
• The current crisis in detective policing
• Issues around stop and search
• The importance of neighbourhood policing in counter terrorism.
• Discipline and performance, with a first conference appearance by representatives from the new Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).
• Driving change for officer welfare, with sessions on fatigue and the demand/capacity imbalance.
The full agenda can be found online here. Please note this may be subject to change.
Calum Macleod, Chair, PFEW said: “Over the course of two days, we will be in the presence of a number of MPs – some more supportive than others. We are grateful to those who are helping to change legislation and we are optimistic of the opportunities conference brings to lobby further. It is rare to have cross-party officials under one roof, focusing solely on policing.
“It is my aim to make this one of the most interactive conferences yet, with much more time factored in for Q&As.”
© 2018 Police Federation of England & Wales