Wed, 16 May 2018
It’s less than a week to go until our Annual Conference in Birmingham when we facilitate two-days debating issues affecting policing, sharing best practice and showcasing what we do.
The conference will be held at the Birmingham International Conference Centre (ICC) on Tuesday 22 May and Wednesday 23 May 2018.
The theme for this year is “Protecting the Protectors – the reality of policing”, focusing on issues including better protection for officers assaulted on duty and for those who undertake emergency response and pursuit drives.
Other sessions across the two days include:
• The current crisis in detective policing
• Issues around stop and search
• The importance of neighbourhood policing in counter terrorism
• Discipline and performance, with a first conference appearance by representatives from the new Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).
• Driving change for officer welfare, with sessions on fatigue and the demand/capacity imbalance.
Our Chair, Calum Macleod, met with conference facilitator, Ian Collins, last month and gives an introduction to this year's event, outlining the main theme and topics that will be raised and discussed in the video below.
The full agenda can be found online here - Please note this may be subject to change.
For the latest updates follow #polfed18 on Twitter.
© 2018 Police Federation of England & Wales